14 November, 2008－The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), the Japan External Trade Organisation (JETRO) and UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) today collectively host the Invest Japan Symposium, entitled Japan as a base for high value creation, in London. Kaizo has been contracted to provide UK support for the event in association with its Japanese Worldcom partner AZ. Worldcom Japan.
The symposium will promote foreign direct investment (FDI) into the Japanese market to UK companies and is held at Savoy Place, The Institute of Engineering and Technology, London. The event is designed to inform key UK decision-makers about the opportunities and benefits of investing in Japan.
The Japanese Government recognises that Japan is well positioned to act as strategic base to the East Asia region, which is set to be a driving force of the global economy in years to come. As such, the Government is actively promoting FDI into Japan and has set a target to make the stock value of FDI reach around 5 per cent of the GDP by the end of 2010. The UK and Japan share similar industrial structures which means investment is relatively straight-forward and the countries are well suited to partner together to achieve mutually beneficial goals.
The symposium features:
• Sir Philip Hampton, Vice President, Confederation of British Industries (CBI) & Chairman, J Sainsbury plc.
• Masaharu Shibata, Member of the Expert Committee of FDI Promotion, Cabinet Office & Chairman, NGK Insulators Ltd.
• Sebastian Conran, Managing Director, Studio Conran
• Miles Flint, Former President of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB
• Tatsuo Yada, The Mayor of Kobe City
Following 2004 and 2006, this will be the 3rd Invest Japan Symposium held in London. Further information can be found at: http://www.investjapan.org/symposium2008_london/