New Year Predictions Please #12for11
Here are some collective thoughts from Kaizo PR on what 2011 may hold. Which ones do you agree with? What are yours?
We’re offering a Flip MinoHD for the most inventive idea or prediction to be published here.
Please either leave your thoughts as a comment below, or respond on Twitter including #12for11, by 5.30pm 15 December for a chance to win.
- Muggle will be the new ‘funny’ religion in the Census
- “Defriending”, “hashtag” and “frape” to enter the Oxford English Dictionary
- #royalwedding most popular hashtag of 2011, with Palace becoming upset by guests tweeting from the wedding
- ‘Bankrupt Breaks’ trend as Brits flock for weekends to Ireland, Portugal and Greece as economic woes increase bargains
- One national newspaper will fold (no pun intended)
- Groupon initiates an IPO and exceeds a valuation of $2bn – unless Google buys them in the next few weeks
- A bailed out bank will be sold to bolster the Treasury’s coffers
- Cloud security breakthrough leads to more companies investing in it. Subsequent EU directive developed to deal with mountain of redundant file servers
- Channel Five will re-launch Big Brother
- Mary from X Factor won’t outsell SuBo but will take on the role of Mama Morton in Chicago
- England rugby team will come good and beat New Zealand in the World Cup final with Shontayne Hape scoring the winning try against the country of his birth
- More pregnancies in the Cabinet to bolster declining appeal